This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Commercial Development
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: dan at dberlin dot org (Daniel Berlin)
- Cc: jbuck at synopsys dot COM (Joe Buck), dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar),M dot Wenke at web dot de, gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:53:57 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Commercial Development
> > Nolo Press has won several court cases overturning many restrictions on
> > giving legal advice as first amendment violations.
> Actually, they lost.
This is not a correct interpretation of what happened.
> What happened, as i said, is that a law was passed saying it's okay to
> produce products like they did, as long as they state it's not a
> substitute for an attorney.
And this was done in order to avoid getting the whole concept (of the
lawyer's guild protection society) tossed by higher courts.