This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question about GO_IF_LEGITIMIZE_ADDRESS
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Peter Barada <pbarada at mail dot wm dot sps dot mot dot com>
- Cc: rth at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:36:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: Question about GO_IF_LEGITIMIZE_ADDRESS
>>>>> Peter Barada writes:
Peter> Perhaps its about time that a way existed to tell reload what to do.
Peter> Since we have 'm', 'o', 'p' that are special to reload, there should
Peter> be another one that indicates that reload should just pull the address
Peter> of the operand into a register to make it register indirect. This
Peter> reload method would work for most(if not all) of the chips that gcc
Peter> currently supports.
Peter> Any suggestions for which character to use for this new
Peter> constraint(perhaps '@')?
GCC already has 'a'. Is that what you mean?