Convert Diab assembler source to Gnu format?

I've got a largish PPC assembly source file that was originally used in a
project built with the Diab toolset.  Now I want to use this same file in a
Gnu-based project.  The tools being used are provided by Wind River, so
they're old.  The versions are shown below.

The Diab assembler appears to be *very* different from as.  The errors start
from line 1 as Diab uses the Intel convention of a semi-colon for a comment
character.  Sigh.

Does anyone know of a utility that will convert an asm source file from the
Diab format to a format that the Gnu assembler will recognize?

Please CC me if possible as I am not subscribed to this list.

Thanks.

gcc -v
Reading specs from
C:\Tornado\host\x86-win32\lib\gcc-lib\powerpc-wrs-vxworks\cygnus-2.7.2-96012
6\specs
gcc driver version cygnus-2.7.2-960126 egcs-971225 tornado 2.0 executing gcc
version cygnus-2.7.2-960126

as -v
GNU assembler version cygnus-2.6 (powerpc-wrs-vxworks), using BFD version
cygnus-2.6