Re: Commercial Development

Daniel Berlin wrote:
> Thus, since we have complete coverage, it's illegal, in the US, for
> non-lawyers to give legal advice.

Those laws are probably unconsitutional - but since it is lawyers
that interpret the constitution, it is hard to say.  I think the
laws can validly prohibit someone from saying or implying they have
legal expertese they do not have, and that is the claimed intent.
What is the difference between illegal "practice of law" and
constitutionally protected speech giving someone legal advice?
A very gray and nebulous area, I'm sure.

Nolo Press had some problems with claims their books were illegal
practice of law - I'd be curious to know what the resolution was.
--
	--Per Bothner