This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Commercial Development
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: dan at dberlin dot org (Daniel Berlin)
- Cc: jbuck at synopsys dot COM (Joe Buck), dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar),M dot Wenke at web dot de, gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:49:01 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Commercial Development
> > There is a distinction between "unauthorized practice of law" and "giving
> > legal advice".
> Not in most cases.
Nolo Press has won several court cases overturning many restrictions on
giving legal advice as first amendment violations.
See for example http://www.nolo.com/texas/index.cfm
But this is off topic, so if folks want to argue with me, we can do so