Re: Dwarf Error: Invalid or unhandled FORM value: 14.

On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 04:47:00PM -0500, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> Well, the binutils requirement may not be strict,
> but from the point of view of writing instructions
> for people to follow, it is much easier to write
> something like:
>
> - in order to use gcc 3.1, on platform X, you must
>   use binutils version Y
>
> What is the binutils version Y that I must now use
> to eliminate this particular problem?  I don't know
> the answer to this, and I don't see the answer
> in the documentation.

With H.J. Lu's help, I installed binutils-2.11.93.0.2-2
on my Red Hat 7.1 Linux (i386) system, and recompiled
my project with gcc 3.1.  When I did this
the "Dwarf Error: Invalid or unhandled FORM value: 14." messages
went away, and things worked.

I think that we should mention in gcc/doc/install.texi
that this new version of binutils is required
to eliminate the Dwarf linker warnings.

Which part of the document should we add it too?
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr