This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Commercial Development
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: M dot Wenke at web dot de, gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:25:51 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Commercial Development
> Now if you are asking whether the license restrictions you plan to use for
> some proprietary software are compatible with use of software with other
> licenses (e.g. GPL, LGPL, ...) you are asking a legal question. You need to
> get proper legal advice on this question. Not only is it illegal for
> non-lawyers to give legal advice, but in any case asking for legal advice
> on a list like this is unlikely to provide any definitive answers or answers
> that you can rely on.
It is frequently claimed that it is illegal for non-lawyers to give legal
advice in the US. This is false.