This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Commercial Development
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Markus Wenke <M dot Wenke at web dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:33:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: Commercial Development
- References: <3C723495.email@example.com>
Markus Wenke <M.Wenke@web.de> writes:
> I want to create/port a Windows-Application for/to Linux.
> It is commercial Software. And this is the problem:
> I know, I can't use Libraries which are GPL
> Can I use Libraries, that are LGPL?
> Can I use Libraries, that are MIT-license
> and the important question:
> Can I use the gcc-Compiler to compile commercial applications?
You should ask a qualified lawyer. Legal advice on mailing lists
(especially on technical ones such as this) usually comes from
non-professionals, is often misleading, sometimes even plain wrong.