This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libstdc++ libtool lossage
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, "aoliva at redhat dot com" <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:03:25 -0800
- Subject: Re: libstdc++ libtool lossage
> There is no way it should be this difficult to build a stinking
> shared library. One of these days I'm going to make "gcc -shared"
> Just Work and then we can give libtool and automake the flush.
> None of the runtime libraries distributed with gcc will ever be
> built with anything but gcc, so it is pointless to cater to some
> broken system's broken tools.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com