Re: assembler debug_line support (was Re: [v3] -pedantic-errors vs. extern template)

>    a) Shouldn't xgcc use the assembler found by configure?

Probably.

>    b) Why are xgcc and configure finding different assembler to use?

Because xgcc checks your path earlier than configure, which only checks it
if it can't find it in one of the standard paths.  This makes some sense;
for configuration, we want to look at an assembler that everyone can see,
while it might also be convenient to be able to override the assembler used
by an already-built compiler.  However, I think that PATH is not the way to
do that.

Jason