-Woverloaded-virtual

Hi,

Is there a reason that -Woverloaded-virtual is not turned on by default in
gcc ? Most compilers warn about this with the default warning level without
adding extra options to turn on this warning ?

Any thoughts on this appreciated. Please CC me on replies as I am not on
this list.

-kitty.

--
Krishnakumar B <kitty at cs dot wustl dot edu>
Distributed Object Computing Laboratory, Washington University in St.Louis