This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: jsdy at center dot osis dot gov (Joseph S D Yao)
- Cc: jbuck at synopsys dot COM (Joe Buck), jsturm at one-point dot com (Jeff Sturm),martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com (Martin Kahlert), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,steve at smc dot vnet dot net, jsdy at center dot osis dot gov (Joseph S D Yao)
- Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:23:54 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 09:51:13AM -0800, Joe Buck wrote:
> > Joe Yao writes:
> > > I'm afraid that at this point my index of suspicion points to binutils,
> > > but I am told [not sure any more that this is true] that gcc 3.* needs
> > > the binutils [for Solaris]
> > This is incorrect. gcc 3.* works fine with the vendor-supplied assembler
> > and linker on Solaris.
> Then I am wondering where www.sunfreeware.com came up with both the
> comment on binutils and the comment about 2.95.3 being the latest one
> available for Solaris 2.5.1.
I recently lost access to my Solaris 2.5.1 machine, but at least for a
while there was a problem with gettext, which I needed to specify
--disable-nls to work around. Perhaps the sunfreeware people ran into
this and gave up.