Re: Experiment: gcc and doxygen

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 08:31:14PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> writes:
>
> > 2)  GraphViz is from AT&T (http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/),
> >     with a spinoff at www.graphviz.org, and last time I checked required
> >     strange AT&T tools to build from source.  Get a prebuilt binary.
>
> GraphViz is not free software, at least that's my reading of the
> license.

Quoting from their download page:

    graphviz is open source licensed software. It may be redistributed
    without cost in other software distributions, as long as the license
    terms (such as redistributing the source intact) are met. We believe
    the license conforms to the Open Source Definition but they won't tell
    us their decision.

It then goes on to state the differences between their license and the GPL.

I am rabidly apathetic about GPL issues.  My personal litmus test is:
if Debian distributes it, it's free enough.

Phil