Re: GCC 3.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Joseph S D Yao wrote:
> This is one reason that my earlier note was so verbose about that.  It
> compiled and installed and then created bogus shared libraries [when
> using GNU binutils 2.11.2].  ;-)

And I appreciate the verbose report.  But unless I can reproduce your
problem, all I can do is guess... GCC 3.x + GNU binutils 2.11.2 works fine
for me on Solaris 7/8, including shared libraries, I've used this
toolchain extensively.

If you happen to try again, please heed my advice about configuring.  I've
built this toolchain dozens of times on Solaris, along with
linux-x-solaris crosses, and spent many, many hours troubleshooting the
build problems.  BTDT.  Believe me :)

It's still possible that something about Solaris 2.5.1 is the root of the
problem.  I've only personally tested on 2.6 and up (and I don't even
have that anymore).

If you can create a simple DSO that fails, feel free to send it to me
(privately, don't clutter the list) and I'll see if anything looks
suspicious.

Jeff