This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- To: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy at center dot osis dot gov>
- Cc: Martin Kahlert <martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:06:22 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1
On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Joseph S D Yao wrote:
> 'gcc' in fact uses the "specs" to locate everything.
That doesn't seem quite right. On a Solaris 8 box:
$ gcc --print-prog-name=as
The specs file doesn't mention /usr/ccs/bin.
> In fact, the --with-as/--with-ld/--with-gnu-as/--with-gnu-ld are flags
> to configure for the build, and do not seem necessarily to force 'gcc'
> to use these once it is compiled.
I find that gcc always uses the assembler it is configured with.