This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: jsdy at center dot osis dot gov (Joseph S D Yao)
- Cc: jsturm at one-point dot com (Jeff Sturm),martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com (Martin Kahlert), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:51:13 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1
Joe Yao writes:
> I'm afraid that at this point my index of suspicion points to binutils,
> but I am told [not sure any more that this is true] that gcc 3.* needs
> the binutils [for Solaris]
This is incorrect. gcc 3.* works fine with the vendor-supplied assembler
and linker on Solaris.