This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- To: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy at center dot osis dot gov>
- Cc: Martin Kahlert <martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:50:45 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1
On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Joseph S D Yao wrote:
> But on the www.sunfreeware.com Web page - hardly the ultimate
> authority on gcc, but certainly more Sun experience than me - it does
> say [of 3.0.3]: "This package also <strong>requires</strong> that you
> install the GNU binutils package and use the programs from this package
> rather than the Solaris assembler and loaders. ...
To be perfectly clear, this is true of sunfreeware's *binary* release
but not the GNU GCC *source* release.
You can (hopefully) count on the information in
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html for GCC source releases.