This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- To: Martin Kahlert <martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com>
- Cc: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy at center dot osis dot gov>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:07:40 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1
On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Martin Kahlert wrote:
> The problem seems to go away, when you avoid binutils completely.
I see that c/3982 doesn't say what version of binutils was used.
> I configured with
> configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld
If you have any version of binutils installed on Solaris, I suggest always
specifying --with-as=... and --with-ld=... to configure. Anything else is
error prone. (I found out the hard way.)
Don't simply say --with-gnu-as/--with-gnu-ld and assume gcc will
somehow find binutils. You must also give it --with-as/--with-ld.
Your problem may be related to the OP's, however I haven't personally
tested 2.5.1, so I can't say for sure it doesn't have problems with the
You might like to try the 3.1 compiler since that's where bugs are
actively being fixed now. (There may or may not be another 3.0.x