This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1
- From: Martin Kahlert <martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com>
- To: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy at center dot osis dot gov>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:18:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1
- References: <20020214145058.A2077@washington.center.osis.gov>
- Reply-to: martin dot kahlert at infineon dot com
On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 02:50:58PM -0500, Joseph S D Yao wrote:
> However, there is evidence that shared libraries compiled with this
> install cause binaries using those libraries to core dump after running.
> This causes me concern. Per the notice that has appeared on the
> www.sunfreeware.com Web site, and unless someone has an explanation and
> fix [and a good reason not to], I'll be reverting to 2.95.3 and Sun
I do not know if it helps you, but perhaps the problem is the same as in
the gnats problem report 3982?
The problem seems to go away, when you avoid binutils completely.
I configured with
configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld
This version seems to be more reliable.
Hope that helps,
The early bird catches the worm. If you want something else for
breakfast, get up later.