This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Error on GtkAda
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: Adrian Knoth <adi at drcomp dot erfurt dot thur dot de>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:04:52 -0500
- Subject: Re: Error on GtkAda
On Wednesday, February 13, 2002, at 02:58 , Florian Weimer wrote:
> This is now ada/5679. I've tried to produce a minimal test case.
> The feature used in the code (returning a type conversion of an
> unconstrained type) is pretty basic stuff, so I'm inclined to believe
> that this bug is a result of the incomplete merging of the ACT tree.
Allocating temporaries for variable-sized data may sound like "basic
but it is hard to get correct in all cases. I don't see any basis
for your conclusion that the error it is due to incomplete merging.
merged changes back in, I made an effort to be complete up to that
Maybe you meant to say: ACT may have developed a fix in the meantime, in
case it will be contributed fairly soon.
PS. I'm now testing the complete merging patch...