Re: Error on GtkAda

On Wednesday, February 13, 2002, at 02:58 , Florian Weimer wrote:

> This is now ada/5679.  I've tried to produce a minimal test case.
>
> The feature used in the code (returning a type conversion of an
> unconstrained type) is pretty basic stuff, so I'm inclined to believe
> that this bug is a result of the incomplete merging of the ACT tree.

Allocating temporaries for variable-sized data may sound like "basic
stuff",
but it is hard to get correct in all cases. I don't see any basis
for your conclusion that the error it is due to incomplete merging.
Whenever I
merged changes back in, I made an effort to be complete up to that
specific date.
Maybe you meant to say: ACT may have developed a fix in the meantime, in
which
case it will be contributed fairly soon.

   -Geert

PS. I'm now testing the complete merging patch...