This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0.4, GCC 3.1, GCC 3.2
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:18:41 -0000
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.4, GCC 3.1, GCC 3.2
> I'd even go ahead and volunteer to create the branch on the 15th, as
> planned, so that Mark can keep focused on 3.0.4 and we can stick to
> the original plan. Creating a branch is cheap, and easy, so I don't
> see a reason to not reopen mainline on the planned time.
Thank you for offerring to help out.
I know everyone is chomping at the bit to check in all kinds of great things
for the 3.2 release.
However, I would prefer that we put off making the branch. That will keep
us all thinking about the issues that apply to the current release, which
is a good thing. For example, we need to work out the current issues about
libgcc. If there is agreement on a solution, we may need help to implement
it, and we need to do that ASAP to avoid serious delays in the schedule.
So, if you have the energy, that would be a better place to volunteer.