This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Dealing with duplicate bug reports
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:44:06 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: Dealing with duplicate bug reports
On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Florian Weimer wrote:
> What shall I do with duplicate bug reports? Simply close the
> duplicate, referring to the original one?
Yes. Mark it as duplicate, referring to the other one, and close it.
(In some cases, if the duplicate has a better testcase or description,
I'd close the original and keep the duplicate.)
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/