This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Conditional call instruction
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Cc: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:56:04 -0500
- Subject: Re: Conditional call instruction
>>>>> Geoff Keating writes:
Geoff> It is unusable because the range of the call is only 32k.
That limitation only affects the branch instructions with a target
address. What is more useful on PowerPC are the branch condition to count
register (bcctr) and branch conditional to link register (bclr)
instructions which allow conditional call (at the expense of placing the
target address in a register) and conditional return.