This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Conditional call instruction
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 13 Feb 2002 14:48:37 -0800
- Subject: Re: Conditional call instruction
- References: <8FE8A988-20AF-11D6-B07E-003065C86F94@apple.com>
Dale Johannesen <email@example.com> writes:
> On Wednesday, February 13, 2002, at 08:06 AM, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> > Do any of GCC's currently supported targets have a predicated call
> > instruction that GCC will use when appropriate? Roughly speaking,
> > this is an instruction that calls only if some condition is true,
> > and otherwise falls through.
> rs6000/powerpc has this in the architecture, but I've never seen
> gcc use it.
It is unusable because the range of the call is only 32k.
- Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>