Re: GCC 3.0.4, GCC 3.1, GCC 3.2

>> It probably should be closed anyway, but the fix does not affect
>> AIX 4.2 because GCC does not distinguish between AIX 4.1 and AIX 4.2.

Joe> I'm still confused.  Is the problem discussed in 4235 fixed in the 3.0
Joe> branch or not?

	Some of the patch only applies to the GCC configuration for AIX
4.3 and above.  The PR specifically refers to AIX 4.2.  GCC does not have
a distinct AIX 4.2 configuration.  AIX 4.2 should be fixed as well, but
the user may need to retrofit some parts.

	I cannot test AIX 4.2, so I cannot guarantee that the problem is
fixed.  I have no plans to create an AIX 4.2 configuration of GCC just to
fix this problem.  All of the pieces are there, but the problem may not be
fixed on AIX 4.2 without additional user effort.

David