Re: Conditional call instruction

>>>>> Dale Johannesen writes:

Mark> Do any of GCC's currently supported targets have a predicated call
Mark> instruction that GCC will use when appropriate?  Roughly speaking,
Mark> this is an instruction that calls only if some condition is true,
Mark> and otherwise falls through.

Dale> rs6000/powerpc has this in the architecture, but I've never seen
Dale> gcc use it.

	Yes, I was thinking about mentioning this, but Mark specifically
asked: "... that GCC will use when appropriate."  POWER/PowerPC has a
"branch conditional and link" (bcl) "call" instruction, but it currently
is not described in the rs6000.md machine description.

David