This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Conditional call instruction
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:37:25 -0500
- Subject: Re: Conditional call instruction
>>>>> Dale Johannesen writes:
Mark> Do any of GCC's currently supported targets have a predicated call
Mark> instruction that GCC will use when appropriate? Roughly speaking,
Mark> this is an instruction that calls only if some condition is true,
Mark> and otherwise falls through.
Dale> rs6000/powerpc has this in the architecture, but I've never seen
Dale> gcc use it.
Yes, I was thinking about mentioning this, but Mark specifically
asked: "... that GCC will use when appropriate." POWER/PowerPC has a
"branch conditional and link" (bcl) "call" instruction, but it currently
is not described in the rs6000.md machine description.