This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Conditional call instruction
- From: Phil Blundell <pb at nexus dot co dot uk>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 13 Feb 2002 16:20:29 +0000
- Subject: Re: Conditional call instruction
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 16:06, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Do any of GCC's currently supported targets have a predicated call
> instruction that GCC will use when appropriate? Roughly speaking,
> this is an instruction that calls only if some condition is true,
> and otherwise falls through.
ARM has conditional execution for calls, though gcc doesn't seem to take
advantage of this at the moment. You can enable it by adding (set_attr
"predicable" "yes") to the call_symbol and call_value_symbol patterns in
arm.md; I don't know whether it was left turned off for any particular
reason, or just by some oversight.