Re: Conditional call instruction

On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 16:06, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Do any of GCC's currently supported targets have a predicated call
> instruction that GCC will use when appropriate?  Roughly speaking,
> this is an instruction that calls only if some condition is true,
> and otherwise falls through.

ARM has conditional execution for calls, though gcc doesn't seem to take
advantage of this at the moment.  You can enable it by adding (set_attr
"predicable" "yes") to the call_symbol and call_value_symbol patterns in
arm.md; I don't know whether it was left turned off for any particular
reason, or just by some oversight.

p.