This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Frame pointer using more than one register
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Marek Michalkiewicz <marekm at amelek dot gda dot pl>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, denisc at overta dot ru
- Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:29:28 -0800
- Subject: Re: Frame pointer using more than one register
- References: <E16abU8email@example.com>
> My question is - are there any other places like this, where GCC
> assumes (which is correct for most other targets, but wrong for AVR)
> that the frame pointer is a single hard register?
> If yes, it may be safer to change avr_hard_regno_mode_ok() to
> disallow QImode in r29 for now, to avoid similar bugs in the future...
Seems a reasonable workaround.