This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Debian/unstable on x86: Debugging GCC 3.1
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:10:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: Debian/unstable on x86: Debugging GCC 3.1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 06:33:21PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> GDB (version 5.1) from Debian/unstable is not able to read the
> debugging symbols generated by the current (well, a few days old) HEAD
> GCC version.
> Is this expected? Does a workaround exist? I thought that GDB 5.1
> contained the DWARF2 support (or whatever was necessary).
It does not. GDB HEAD does, and GDB 5.2 will. GDB 5.1.1 should also
and I'm (finally) making Debian packages as I speak.
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer