Re: Query with legitimate_constant_p

>I deny that any symbol_ref is  a legitimate address, but constant
>propagation still puts the symbol ref into the memory operation. If I
>deny that any memory base (e.g., offset to a register) is valid, then
>the problem doesn't occur, but this is the means that I can't take
>advantage of the regBase+constOffset instructions the machine offers.

I've successfully forced SYMBOL_REF addresses into registers and then
loaded indirect instead of using them directly in order to handle the
limitiation on no symbolic address operands in the ColdFire v4e FPU
instructions.

You have to modify GO_IF_LEGITIMATE_ADDRESS to reject SYMBOL_REFS, and
then modify LEGITIMIZE_ADDRESS to force_operand the SYMBOL_REF into a register.

--
Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)