need help with 176.gcc from SPEC CPU2000 on LP64 with GCC 3

When I build 176.gcc from SPEC CPU2000 on ia64-unknown-linux-gnu, no
matter what options I use, it gets a segv in memset called from
life_analysis.  Has anyone successfully run this benchmark in an LP64
environment using GCC 3.x?  If so, would you please let me know which
extra flags you used and anything else you needed to do?  The SPEC web
site has a config file used for Alpha, but I didn't recognize anything
else as IA64 and the Alpha configuration didn't seem to do anything
special.

Janis