This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problem: make bootstrap with libjava
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Walter <Richard dot Walter at hob dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 12 Feb 2002 10:33:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: Problem: make bootstrap with libjava
- References: <3C6922A4.C86E4D4A@hob.de>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Walter <Richard.Walter@hob.de> writes:
Richard> i have a rs6000 with AIX4.3.3 and i want to install gcc with libjava.
Richard> 'make bootstrap' runs into an error
Richard> 'source directory already configured; run make distclean there first'.
Richard> - /usr/as170/gcc-3.0.3/configure --enable-libgcj ( in directory
Richard> /usr/as170/gccinst )
As far as I know, libgcj doesn't build on AIX. There is a pending
issue involving the use of `$' in identifiers. There's a recent
thread on firstname.lastname@example.org about this.
Richard> configure: error: source directory already configured; run make
Richard> distclean there first
This means that you tried to configure in the source tree, then later
went back and tried to configure in another directory. This doesn't
work. The simplest fix is to delete what you have and download the