Re: report attached was Re: embedded target status on main CVS trunk

A few data-points:

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> One thing I noticed is that a number of targets that at least configured
> with gcc 3.0, simply failed to configure successfully and claimed not
> to be supported -- h8300-coff, h8300-rtems, and i386-elf among them.

FWIW, building C and ObjC with --target=h8300-hms succeeded with
"3.1 20020208".

[Quoting the attachment after some copy-pasting]

> mcore-elf       - PR3591
That PR claims it's against 3.0 branch.  I though I had this
covered in PR4194, but that's an older failure so I closed
PR4194.  Could you enter a new one with me on CC:?  Else I'll do
it in 24 hours.

> powerpc-eabi    - Relocation cannot be done when using -mrelocatable
That might be related to the problems with the patch at
<URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-02/msg00669.html>
(-mrelocatable is the same as -mrelocatable-lib AFAICS).

> sh-elf          - Illegal assemble compiling crtbegin.S (1st char is -)
That's probably quite new, say within the last week or two.
sh-elf built and tested on "version 3.1 20020205".

You don't mention sparclite-elf, which doesn't build due to
config errors, covered in PR4198 (that obnoxious "What are you
doing with crtstuff.c, then?").

Sending test-results would probably be helpful, I guess.  The
reason I haven't done it for the simulators is... eh...  Uh,
well, I never got around to it and it didn't seem to matter.

brgds, H-P
Hi,

I have checked out the gcc 3.0 branch and built a number of cross-targets

using a RedHat 7.2 host, newlib 1.10.0 w/minimal patches, and

binutils 2.11.2.  I have run the test suites but am not reporting

those at this time.  I would really like to get feedback on how

people feel about letting a script email the results.  Would

this cause overload?

At this time this is just build results for C/C++ at this point.

There are few outstanding patches which need to be submitted to

get to this point:

  + newlib 1.10.0 - does not build setjmp/longjmp for i386-* targets

  + newlib 1.10.0 - libgloss/dummy.? does not agree on mem_err definition

                  - m68k-coff has known libgloss linking problems

  + gcc           - misc RTEMS patches and one to sparc-elf to fix

                    re-assert of cpu and machine

Here are the results

arc-elf 	- PR3587

arm-elf		- BUILDS

arm-rtems	- BUILDS

avr-elf		- PR3931

d30v-elf	- configure fails as not supported in gcc

fr30-elf	- configure fails as not supported in gcc

h8300-coff	- configure fails as not supported in gcc

h8300-rtems	- configure fails as not supported in gcc

hppa1.1-proelf	- configure fails as not supported in gcc

i386-elf	- configure fails as not supported in gcc (i386-pc-elf)

i386-rtems	- ICE for libgcc2.c:1061 in extract_insn at recog.c:2129

i960-coff	- BUILDS

i960-elf	- libgloss sections attributes not supported for this target

i960-rtems	- BUILDS

m32r-elf	- BUILDS

m68k-coff	- fails configure in libgloss

m68k-elf	- BUILDS

m68k-rtems	- BUILDS

mcore-elf	- PR3591

mips64orion-elf	- BUILDS

mips64orion-rtems - BUILDS

mips-elf	- BUILDS

mips-rtems	- BUILDS

mn10200-elf	- similar failure as i386-rtems

mn10300-elf	- BUILDS

powerpc-eabi	- Relocation cannot be done when using -mrelocatable

powerpc-elf	- Relocation cannot be done when using -mrelocatable

powerpc-rtems	- Relocation cannot be done when using -mrelocatable

sh-coff		- binutils 2.11.2 tc-sh.c:3353 abort on BFD_RELOC_32 error

sh-elf		- Illegal assemble compiling crtbegin.S (1st char is -)

sh-rtems	- binutils 2.11.2 tc-sh.c:3353 abort on BFD_RELOC_32 error

sparc-elf	- fails building _trampoline.c, need prototypes for

		  getpagesize(), mprotect(), and perror().

sparc-rtems	- same as sparc-elf

v850-elf	- segfault compiling regex.c:4309