Re: libgcc_s.so.1 yet again

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Brad Lucier wrote:
> We've been assured that there will be forward compatibility with libgcc,
> so that one can always use a newer version of libgcc with code compiled
> with an older version of gcc.

For the same architecture, yes.

> But now, I have to change my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> every time I execute a program compiled with a different gcc-3.1 (64-bit or
> 32-bit).

So instead of using the biarch feature (which takes care of the libgcc
naming) you are building and installing gcc into a separate ${prefix} for
each of 32 and 64-bit compilation?

> So is there any way to build libgcc so that it is usable with either
> 64-bit or 32-bit applications on sparc?

I'd guess you could set LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64, which will be ignored by the
32-bit loader.

Jeff