[sparc64] is MASK_FASTER_STRUCTS broken?

I originally had MASK_FASTER_STRUCTS in TARGET_DEFAULT in
config/sparc/freebsd.h.  However I was not able to build a bootable
kernel until I removed it.  Using MASK_FASTER_STRUCTS I was getting some
alignments that my Sun Blade100 did not like.

Looking at all the other sparc64 targets I see that none of them use
MASK_FASTER_STRUCTS and it appears to have come into the tree in 1999.
Is this functionality stale and broken at the moment?

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)