This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[sparc64] is MASK_FASTER_STRUCTS broken?
- From: "David O'Brien" <obrien at FreeBSD dot org>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:21:08 -0800
- Subject: [sparc64] is MASK_FASTER_STRUCTS broken?
- Organization: The NUXI BSD group
- Reply-to: obrien at FreeBSD dot org
I originally had MASK_FASTER_STRUCTS in TARGET_DEFAULT in
config/sparc/freebsd.h. However I was not able to build a bootable
kernel until I removed it. Using MASK_FASTER_STRUCTS I was getting some
alignments that my Sun Blade100 did not like.
Looking at all the other sparc64 targets I see that none of them use
MASK_FASTER_STRUCTS and it appears to have come into the tree in 1999.
Is this functionality stale and broken at the moment?
-- David (obrien@FreeBSD.org)