Re: a warning to implement

On Feb 11, 2002, Bernard Dautrevaux <Dautrevaux@microprocess.com> wrote:

> However there seems to be such a strong opposition to having this warning
> installed by default in -Wall that I think we should at least provide it as
> an additional warning flag; it's useful enough that we may get it.

Hmm...  Perhaps my message was lost in the noise...

We *already* have a warning that is enabled with -Wall for constructs
such as `T x = x;', and the warning is that `x' is being used
uninitialized.  Some earlier versions of GCC apparently didn't issue
this warning, or only do when optimization is enabled, but the fact is
that there is a warning already, and adding another IMHO would be
overkill.