RE: a warning to implement

<<However there seems to be such a strong opposition to having this warning
installed by default in -Wall that I think we should at least provide it as
an additional warning flag; it's useful enough that we may get it.

I don't see strong opposition. One person writing dozens of emails (Gaby)
does not add up to strong opposition. I would say that the consensus is
clearly to have it included in -Wall.