Re: Status of GCC memory checking, -fcheck-memory-usage

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 04:45:46PM +0100, Theodore Papadopoulo wrote:

> What is the difference of -fcheck-memory-usage and the bounds
> checking that was tried and still survives at:
>
> http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/Haj.Ten.Brugge/
I think bounds checking is able to check array/pointer dereferencing in some
cases.
Checker is only able to check memory accesses, such as reading uninitialized
memory or reading/writing to forbidden memory (the work is to make this
consistent, and it was).

Checker can check array bounds, but only as a side effect.

Tristan.