Re: Status of Bugzilla?

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >(If so, (a) please document the new version, including the exact syntax
> >- the only GCC documentation for the existing one seems to be in
> >java/contrib.html
>
> Don't know what you're referring to.

The previous discussions on nonunified contributing documentation (and
Zack's work on some unification).

The normal docs on contributing to GCC (contribute.html, cvswrite.html)
don't discuss mentioning PRs in log messages.  The ones in
java/contrib.html, which it has been previously discussed ought to be
merged into the main docs, do describe it, but without the exact syntax or
the limitation to a single PR.

Nice features without user docs are of limited use.  If there are in fact
some general Sourceware docs for this feature, we should link to them, or
copy them if they can't be linked to from gcc.gnu.org (ISTR it being said
that the sources.redhat.com mailing list FAQ couldn't be so linked, to
maintain the gcc.gnu.org/sources.redhat.com separation).

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk