Re: Status of GCC memory checking, -fcheck-memory-usage

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 12:21:30PM +0100, Claus Fischer wrote:
> <rant>
> Why are there lots of duplicated efforts on simple and way inferior
> malloc debug libraries? What a waste. The world needs only one of
> them, and Checker's is fine. (But should be stand-alone).

What is inferior about libcwd as malloc debug library?
If you care to clarify then I will fix it, whatever it is.

Sure, what libcwd misses is memory access checking: a check on EVERY
memory access whether or not it is to initialized memory.  But for
that it needs hooks, generated by gcc/g++.  It is these hooks that
are now missing.

What I am interested in are hooks that are called whenever memory content
is written to or read from.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com>