This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Status of GCC memory checking, -fcheck-memory-usage
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <AWLaFramboise at aol dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <Theodore dot Papadopoulo at sophia dot inria dot fr>, <lars dot spam at nocrew dot org>, <tgingold at ipricot dot com>
- Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 11:51:26 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: Status of GCC memory checking, -fcheck-memory-usage
On 10 Feb 2002, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> If anyone feels like
> resurrecting this feature, the patch that took the feature out can
> always be used as a starting point/
It should not be used as a starting point. The previous implementation
was too pervasive; for example, people working on built-in string
functions should not need to know the details of -fcheck-memory-usage.
Joseph S. Myers