Re: Status of Bugzilla?

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 03:06:54PM +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, mike stump wrote:
>>> I would appreciate clarification of the GCC project's stance on this
>>> issue.
>> The way to do this, is to take a vote of all the people that make the
>> heaviest use of the the bug reporting system [...]
>
>As far as I saw, this "vote" has been relatively clear in favor of
>switching to Bugzilla.
>
>> See if anybody in power (SC) wants to veto it.
>
>I will take care of informing the SC
>
>> Then find someone with enough access to the gcc.gnu.org machine willing
>> to `be responsible' for implementing it on the gcc.gnu.org machine and
>> watching it and making it work.
>
>Given this feedback and Daniel's committment, I'm willing to approve all
>web-related changes and also help from the gcc.gnu.org machine-side.

I am a big fan of Bugzilla.  I'd be happy to help with setup on the
gcc.gnu.org side, too.

Has anyone thought about approaching all of the projects on
gcc.gnu.org/sources.redhat.com and seeing if they want to switch over
to Bugzilla?  We've discussed it occasionally in gdb-land, too, but
if gcc is committed to it maybe this is the time to move everything.

cgf