This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Help with Gcc-3.0.3 cross-compile
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: wilson at redhat dot com (Jim Wilson)
- Cc: tariq dot shureih at intel dot com (Shureih Tariq),smc at us dot ibm dot com ('Steve Christiansen'),gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org ('gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org')
- Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 11:25:46 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Help with Gcc-3.0.3 cross-compile
Jim Wilson writes:
> This is an assembler error, which means the cross-gcc is probably trying
> to run the native assembler instead of the cross-assembler.
This is such a common error for people trying to do cross-compiles that
maybe we should think about how to detect the situation automatically,
perhaps at installation time. Maybe something as simple as trying to
build "hello world", looking for cascades of errors from the assembler,
and if seen spit out some standard blurb.