This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Success report on Linux/PPC, small Ada problem
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Laurent Guerby <guerby at acm dot org>
- Cc: mike stump <mrs at windriver dot com>, <dewar at gnat dot com>, <rth at redhat dot com>, <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>, <minyard at acm dot org>
- Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 14:53:49 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: Success report on Linux/PPC, small Ada problem
On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Laurent Guerby wrote:
> Daily email should do the work for a while, then automatic web
> contribution on the official GCC site and script to aggregate
> once a day should take over once we have enough participants.
> What does the SC thinks on this?
I'm now only speaking for myself, but I believe the SC wants to avoid
to micro-manage, especially in cases where there is neither technical
nor "political" disagreement.
> I can get with high probability my company to contribute officialy daily
> performance data once GNAT is in shape in the GCC CVS repository.
I can't see how this would *not* be welcome by GCC developers and users,
and if, for example, you'd like to add such performance data/history to
our web page, I'll certainly approve that.
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/