Re: Status of GCC memory checking, -fcheck-memory-usage

ok,
  i know little of gcc's internals..  (or what you guys are talking about :( )  Does this mean it is unlikely -fcheck-memory-usage will be replaced anytime soon?  Are there any other options for this kind of thing?  .. I've read the old posts.. but I don't really understand what was wrong with it in the first place.. is it possible the old code can be retained until something that corrects its flaws is hammered out?

unfortunately, if this option is removed and there is no other sensible way to accomplish this.. the only way (that i can think of) of accomplishing this kind of memory checking is intrumenting the asm output of gcc.. (like cacheprof, also apparently not maintained) and this seems like a whole lot of unnecssary complicated toil.. =[

AaronWL