Re: gcc 3.0 branch report for 34 embedded targets

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> Thanks Joel for this effort.
>
> >From what I understand, the arm problems have been fixed in current CVS.
>
> I would find this more useful if this testing was against current CVS,
> ie gcc-3.1, than against the gcc-3.0 branch. At this point, it's
> easier to fix issues in current CVS than on the branch.
>
> Do you have any plans to test cross compilers for the gcc-3.1 branch?
> If so, can you detail them?

What do you mean?

My goal is to be able to provide RTEMS prebuilt binaries for all *-rtems
targets.  I periodically check out and test the more full set of
embedded targets because there seemed to be no one who reported on the
state of the cross targets at the same time.  I have simulators set
up for all the targets that have them in gdb and can run the GCC
test suites on many of them.

I started doing this back during the summer and actually reported
problems
from running the test suite on a number of targets.  From what I can
tell,
very few of the problems I have reported have been fixed.  I can fix
some
problems but most of these are beyond me.

I will repeat this on the current CVS if it will encourage someone
to fix things. :)

> -benjamin

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985