Re: Your SPECfp2000 run - date/time stamp.

Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> Toon Moene <moene@knmi.nl> writes:

> > Between the last and the previous run of your SPECfp2000 suite, some
> > update was made to GCC that helped wupwise, swim, and apsi (a little
> > bit).  I assume that it's Richard Henderson's fix to alias.c and loop.c
> > at 7/2 00:57 PST.
>
> There's something else going on that I just though of: I added
> yesterday -fprefetch-loop-arrays, so this also has an impact.  But
> check the result files for details wheteher those runs already use the
> flag.

OK, then that's it - sorry, I didn't look at the text files (that would
have explained the -fprefetch-loop-arrays were added).

> If you like to have clean tests with Richard's patch, tell me what I
> should measure and i start a run,

No, that's not necessary then.

Thanks !

--
Toon Moene, KNMI, PO Box 201, 3730 AE De Bilt, The Netherlands.
Tel. +31302206443, Fax +31302210407,  e-mail moene@knmi.nl