Re: Status of Bugzilla?

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Bryce McKinlay wrote:

> Daniel Berlin wrote:
>
> > Um, it's been live for quite a while, and i've been updating the
> > database from gnats every few days, and no problems so far.
>

> OK, I just discovered this ;-). VERY nice. And fast! The "next" button
> on the view-bug page is reason enough to switch IMO!
>
> Just a few things I noticed:
>
> - Some of the bug descriptions and comments imported from GNATS dont
> seem to be line-wrapped properly. Could the import script wrap them at
> 80 chars or something?
I just undid the local textwrap fix in order to prevent merge conflicts
with cvs bugzilla, which will do it right in less than a week.
IE i merged the patch while it was still being reviewed, but it's been
approved, so i reverted it to avoid the merge conflict. Sot he problem
will resolve itself soon.

> - The default set of columns shown in bug lists is a bit too wide to be
> comfortable. Maybe the "host" field could be removed, or its contents
> shortened to just "sparc"/"i386" or whatever. I realise its very easy to
> set up personal preferences for this, but having a good default is
> important too.
I can do whatever everyone feels is best.
IE remove it rfom the default column list, whatever.

> - We'll have to get rid of that .GIF mozilla.org banner ;-)

:)