Re: Status of Bugzilla?

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 09:26:49PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
>     Huh?  I use email to do everything except the 'closing' part,
>
> Perhaps it's just me, but I consider an email auto-response system to
> be even *slower* than a web-based system.

It's quicker at our end (I think), but it seems to take longer for changes
(in the form or email notifications) to be delivered to the user who did
the bug reporting.

That is, when I want to respond to a notification I get on the gcc-prs
list, I can just reply in my mailer.  My response eventually shows up.
If I go through the gnatsweb interface, it takes longer for me to do it,
but the resulting mail goes out sooner.

(Is this what you're talking about?)

I have a soft spot in my heart for the way Debian handles its bug reporting.
It's nearly all email based (with a web-based search interface).  And it's
very easy to use, both for users and developers.  But it's awfully slow.
(No telling how much of that is due to Debian network congestion, etc.)

Phil