Re: Status of Bugzilla?

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 01:58:26PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
>     I don't recall you ever filing, closing or replying to a GNATS report.
>
> Right.  And the fact that it's a web interface is one of the reasons for that!
> Which is my point.

Huh?  I use email to do everything except the 'closing' part, and for that
I use a customized version of Lynx (you know, the text-only terminal-based
browser).  It's extremely fast, mainly because whenever it sees image tags
or javascript tags, it says, "yah, right, whatever, moving right along..."

The "customized" part comes from turning off all the deliberate delays
Lynx adds when printing status messages at the bottom, e.g., "connecting
to gcc.gnu.org....," sleep 3 seconds, display page.  Since the messages
are always the same when working with GNATS, I killed them.

> I would be much more inclined to use a system which didn't require me
> to bring up a browser.

Are you using the same GNATS system the rest of are using?

Phil